St. Mary’s Primary School is a Catholic School for boys & girls under the Patronage of the Bishop of Killaloe.
Our Mission Statement
As a Christian community we aim to be warm, welcoming and respectful, accommodating diversity in culture, religion, gender and ability. We strive to nurture each pupil in all dimensions of their life – spiritual, moral, cognitive, emotional, imaginative, aesthetic, social and physical. We promote equality and support all our pupils to live a happy and contented life in harmony with themselves, others and the environment.
We the Staff of St. Mary’s endeavour to:
- Promote the full and harmonious development of all the school community including their relationship with God, with other people and with the environment.
- Ensure the school’s Code of Behaviour reflects the Christian Values, with an emphasis on forgiveness, reconciliation, new beginnings and hope.
- Provide a sense of the presence of God in the lives of the pupils.
- Teach the Grow in Love Religious Education Programme at all class levels.
We the Parents of St. Mary’s endeavour to:
- Assist the school in recognising the dignity and value of each person.
- Support the school’s Code of Behaviour to reflect the important values of equality, acceptance and forgiveness.
- Become actively involved in the communal life of the school, to lead young people to the fullness of their potential.
We as the Board of Management endeavour to:
- Formulate policies, practices and procedures for St. Mary’s in accordance with Christian values and the school’s Ethos Statement.
- Foster a sense of community among all the stakeholders – the Board of Management, Staff, Parents, Pupils and the Nenagh Pastoral area.
- Promote a spirit of respect, encouragement, praise and positivity within the school community.
We as the Pupils of St. Mary’s endeavour to:
- Be kind and thoughtful.
- Respect ourselves and others.
- Participate in school masses, prayer services and daily prayers.
- Include all children in our games in the yard.
- Respect our own property and the property of others.
The Ethos Policy was formed following collaboration with the Ethos Committee, the Staff, the Parents’ Association and the Board of Management